Telco OTT service case studies: next-generation mobile voice and messaging
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mfr5rj/telco_ott_service) has announced the addition of the "Telco OTT service case studies: next-generation mobile voice and messaging" report to their offering.
Self-cannibalising certain revenue streams may well be the best long-term strategy for many mobile operators.
Operators are launching their own next-generation voice and messaging services in an attempt to counter the threat from operating system and app providers. Many operators are pursuing a standards-based route to market, typically based on IMS deployment (for example, RCS). Others are developing proprietary over-the-top (OTT) services, otherwise known as 'telco OTT' offerings. This latter group is the focus of this Viewpoint.
This Viewpoint provides:
- an overview and assessment of the different approaches to 'telco OTT' offerings, focusing on four broad categories:
- voice over Wi-Fi
- one number, multiple devices
- IP-based messaging
- advanced call management.
- nine case studies of 'telco OTT' communication services:
- A1 over IP (Telekom Austria)
- Libon Voicefeed and Address Book (Orange)
- Bobsled and Clever Connect (T-Mobile)
- Netphone (Smart Communications)
- Rogers One Number (Rogers Communications)
- freeyah (T-Mobile Poland)
- TU Me (Telef nica)
- Tele2 46 (Tele2)
- TU Go (Telef nica).
- recommendations for operators.
- Telekom Austria
- Smart Communications
- Rogers Communications
- T-Mobile Poland
- Telef nica
- Telef nica.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mfr5rj/telco_ott_service
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Telecommunications and Networks (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=20&campaign_id=mfr5rj)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Cisco News 's Homepage ]