Pioneer MIXTRAX APP for iPhone gets significant update
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Melsele, Belgium -- Pioneer has updated its MIXTRAX app for iPhone by adding a wide range of new functions that provide users with revolutionary new ways to enjoy their music. The updated MIXTRAX App for iPhone is now available for download from the App Store .
Pioneer's MIXTRAX app 1 generates non-stop music mixes from the user's music library, using the company's proprietary music analysis and mixing technology. The software analyses the tempo and beat of tracks that are similar in style to the track being played, and identifies the best transition points for each track before blending them into a seamless mix.
The update includes the addition of a "Magic Mix" function, which picks up sample tracks from within the iTunes Store that are similar to the track being played to create a non-stop mix of the sample track and the user's own music library 2 3 . This enables users to discover brand new tracks while listening to their own music and purchase the songs they like. The new "Link Gate" function allows the track selection method to be changed on the fly, to suit the user's mood. What is also new is that tracks with different tempos can be mixed automatically by adjusting the tempo of a non-stop mix to a smooth beat and playlists created in iTunes can be played back uninterrupted.
Pioneer aims to continue proposing "new ways to enjoy music" using MIXTRAX.
Screenshots of the MIXTRAX App for iPhone Main features of the MIXTRAX App for iPhone:
1. Generates non-stop music mixes like a DJ MIXTRAX identifies the chorus and musical highlight of tracks, and blends them together with special effects for continuous playback, allowing users to enjoy music just like a DJ would play a non-stop mix. Various types of non-stop mix playback are possible, including "Mix Style" that can be used to change the playback range of tracks, and "Smart Shuffle" that changes the order of tracks within a playlist on the fly to suit the tempo or style of the track being played
2. "Magic Mix" automatically mixes sample tracks from the iTunes Store (new function) This function automatically selects sample tracks from within the iTunes Store that are similar to the current track being played, and creates a non-stop mix by alternating them with tracks in the user's music library.
3. "Link Gate" allows the user to easily change the track selection method (new function) Tapping the CD cover of the track being played launches "Link Gate," a feature that allows the track selection method to be changed instantly. The user can choose between five different modes (Artist, Genre, Tempo, Year, and All). For example, launching "Link Gate" and selecting "Tempo" will play tracks with a similar tempo to the track being played in a non-stop mix.
4. Broad non-stop mix selection MIXTRAX users will be able to select from a wide range of playlists, from mixes featuring tracks with a similar beat to mixes featuring tracks with a similar tempo, and enjoy non-stop playback of their iTunes playlists 4 .
5. New music analysis function from directly within the app, in addition to music analysis information that can be downloaded The music analysis information that is required by the MIXTRAX App to offer non-stop mix playback, can be shared and downloaded from Pioneer servers5 by users all over the world. Until now, tracks with no data available on the servers could not be used. This update allows music to be analysed from within the app itself, without having to access the server. This allows an even greater number of non-stop mixes to be played back 6 7 8 .
The new MIXTRAX app for iPhone is now available for download from the App Store . The MIXTRAX App (paid version) is priced at EUR 3.59. [UK: 2.49 at https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/mixtrax/id455935465 mt=8 ] Users who have purchased a previous paid version will be able to upgrade to the latest version for free. Check out the MIXTRAX website for more information on how to download the app. Find MIXTRAX on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/mixtrax . Recommended operating environment Compatible devices, OS iPhone 4S or later, iPod touch 4th generation or later, iOS 6 Compatible music formats MP3, AAC, WAV
An operating environment with a network connection is required to use 'Magic Mix'.
Sample tracks from the iTunes Store can be played for approximately 30 seconds in the 'MIXTRAX App'.
Playlists cannot be edited in the 'MIXTRAX App'.
'MIXTRAX Software' (free) music analysis software for Windows/Mac is used to upload music analysis information.
Analysing music with 'MIXTRAX Software' in advance will shorten the analysing time in the application. Using 'MIXTRAX
Software' in advance is recommended when analysing a large quantity of music.
Connecting the device to a power source is recommended when analysing music in the application.
Music cannot be analysed in the background.
Analysis or non-stop mix playback of music protected by copyright is not possible.
MAC, iTunes and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Further information:
Please visit www.pioneer.eu or contact:
Pioneer Europe NV, Sales & Marketing Division
+32 (0)3 570 05 11
Global MIXTRAX Microsite: http://www.mixtrax-global.com/mixtraxapp.php
Global MIXTRAX Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mixtrax/
2013 MIXTRAX Lifestyle Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch v=Dh93Yiz5QjE
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Cisco News 's Homepage ]