Bharat Book Bureau: Global Mobile Games, Apps & Social Networking Market
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Bharatbook.com included a new report on "Global Mobile Games, Apps & Social Networking - Trends & Forecasts" which gives a brief overview on Telecom and social networking market.
Global Mobile Games, Apps & Social Networking - Trends & Forecasts
The telecom operators are increasing dependent upon their Value Added Services (VAS) to offset the decline in revenue from their legacy voice services. The VAS services can be classified into basically 2 categories namely, Traditional Voice services which includes Ringtones, SMSs and the Modern Day voice services which is mainly dependent on the data connectivity service modes like WAP, GPRS, MMS etc. The current popular services which are attracting maximum mobile user base include Mobile Gaming, Social Network Sites and Mobile Applications. Nascent stage services like m-commerce, m-health, Mobile TV and Mobile Video etc yet to gain popularity. http://www.bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/mobile-and-telecoms-market-research-report/global-mobile-games-apps-social-networking-trends-forecasts.html
This research reports basically summarizes the various aspects of Mobile Gaming, Social Networking Sites and Mobile Applications like Current Scenario, Drivers and Hurdles for these services and the potential revenues, with the implications on Telecom Operators, Content Aggregators, Content Providers, Device Manufacturers etc.
The report is generated through secondary findings available on the internet and the relevant sources of data have been mentioned wherever applicable.
- The mobile subscriber base is expected to reach around 6.5 billion by 2012 and 7.5 billion by 2015, with Asia-Pacific and Africa region combined expected to contributed around 65% of the total in 2015
- The global mobile revenue is expected to cross $1.5 trillion by 2012, with mobile data expected to contribute around 28% of it
- Smartphones accounted for around 26% of the total mobile handset sales in 2011 and is expected to reach 1,021.8 million units in 2016
- There will be more than 300 billion apps downloaded annually by 2016, approximately more than 10 times the amount that were downloaded in 2011
- The mobile operators are bound to leverage increased mobile data and smart phone penetration and with more and more consumers using the mobile phones for playing games, social networking and apps download etc, there lies huge opportunity for mobile players, device manufacturers, content/application providers to increase their revenue pipeline
- Android OS has steadily gained momentum in the past 2 years, and as in June 2012 was the most popular Mobile OS and had a market share of 56.1%, ahead of Apple iOS (22.9%) and by 2016 would register a marginal decline in market share owing to the Windows mobile OS
- Mobile Network Operators
- Mobile Software Developers
- Handset and Tablet Manufacturers
- Content and Applications Aggregators
- Wireless Privacy and Security Specialists
- Mobile Marketing and Advertising Providers
For more information kindly visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/mobile-and-telecoms-market-research-report/global-mobile-games-apps-social-networking-trends-forecasts.html
CONTACT: Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B
Our Blogs: http://www.bharatbook.com/market-reports-blog/
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com)).
(c) 2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Cisco News 's Homepage ]